Scorers: Anderson (13), Bell (44) and Wallace (86)

TWO first half headers helped Stranraer immediately bounce back to winning ways as they swept aside Queen's Park.

Stevie Farrell made three changes from the side that had lost last time out at Ayr United.

Captain Steven Bell was available after his red card was rescinded but Scott Robertson missed out after beginning a three-match suspension for his ordering off.

Kyle Turner and Morgyn Neill also dropped to the bench, with recalls for Liam Dick and David Barron, while Danny Stoney made his first start for the club since 2 May 2015.

qp 20171104 001

The Blues started in promising fashion with Stoney and fellow frontman Ryan Wallace combining well to set up Paul Woods.

The former Queen's Park man had time to pick his spot but steered his effort the wrong side of the post with barely two minutes played.

However, the goal was not long in coming with another fine team move.

Eventually, Wallace fed Jamie Hamill and his cross to the back post was headed home by Grant Anderson from close range.

qp 20171104 004

The flow of the game was punctured though with a couple of substitutions.

Ciaran Summers failed to shrug off a knock taken in a hefty tackle with Hamill and Anderson then suffered a head injury.

Anton Brady came on for the visitors while Neill slotted into the back three, with Dick replacing Anderson on the left wing.

Substitute Brady curled an effort from the edge of the box wide of the post and Adam Cummins should have done a lot better from Sean Burns' free-kick as the Spiders attempted to find a leveller.

They were made to pay for those missed chances just before half time.

qp 20171104 007
qp 20171104 008

Scott Agnew's corner was inch-perfect for Bell, who marked his 150th appearance for the club with a header home from six yards.

Whatever Gus MacPherson said at half time clearly had the desired impact though as they came out of the blocks quickly after the interval.

Luke Donnelly should have hit the target in the first five minutes of the second period while Cameron Belford had to be on his toes to deny substitute Thomas Orr.

Increasingly though, the home defence was holding firm and preventing the visitors from creating any clear-cut chances.

The longer the game stayed at 2-0, it looked increasingly like the points would remain at Stair Park.

qp 20171104 013

In fact, the home side had two chances before the end to extend their advantage.

First, Bell's goalbound effort was cleared off the line and then Wallace got his name on the scoresheet with four minutes left to play.

Substitute Stephen Okoh collected the ball deep in his own half and reached the halfway line before attempting to find Wallace.

Ross Millen got to the ball first but his attempted back pass was short.

qp 20171104 014

Wallace seized on the loose ball, skipped by goalkeeper William Muir and another defender before rolling the ball into the empty net.

It was a victory which was richly deserved and saw the Blues edge closer to the playoff places once again.

Stranraer: Belford, Dick, Barron, Woods (Turner 75), Bell, Wallace, Agnew, Anderson (Neill 21), Hamill, Thomson, Stoney (Okoh 75).
Not used: Lang, McGowan, Gray and Currie.

Queen's Park: Muir, Millen, Summers (Brady 19), Iredale, Cummins, Gibson, McVey, Fotheringham, Donnelly (Orr 65), Docherty (Duff 53), Burns.
Not used: Whelan, McGhee and White.

Referee: David Lowe
Attendance: 495
HT: 2-0

Photos: Bill McCandlish