albion 20170916 013

Scorers: Agnew (11, 23 pen, 83 pen), Woods (31)
SCOTT Agnew achieved his first career hat trick as Stranraer produced a convincing performance at Cliftonhill to win for a third week in a row.
The Blues are now four games unbeaten in all competitions, and never looked in danger of defeat against Albion Rovers.
Stevie Farrell made one enforced change, with Steven Bell regaining the captain's armband from the suspended Scott Robertson.
And from the outset, his side were on the front foot.
Two good challenges kept the Blues attack at bay in the early going, first as Ryan Thomson was dispossessed en route to goal, before Paul Woods suffered the same fate after a promising long ball from Liam Dick.
The opener would come from Agnew, who rounded off a good move by lobbing the stranded home keeper Graham Bowman from the edge of the box.

albion 20170916 001
Woods was next to try his luck, shooting over after another wave of Stranraer pressure, before Bell's half volley was denied by a top corner save from Bowman.
The Blues wouldn't have to wait long for their second.
Ryan Wallace produced some fine footwork to beat Ross Davidson just inside the box, but the Rovers man caught the striker's leg as he turned away for a clear penalty.
Agnew confidently blasted the spot kick straight down the middle to put the visitors 2-0 up.

albion 20170916 002
Things would get even better for Stranraer after 31 minutes.
Woods - who has been in outstanding form in recent weeks - put the finishing touch on another flowing move.
The former Queen's Park and East Kilbride man slotted into the bottom left corner to score his very first goal for the club.

albion 20170916 004
Rovers would have a handful of half chances towards the tail end of the half.
Davidson, perhaps seeking to make amends for his earlier misdemeanour, sent a shot just wide of the right upright from 25 yards.
Former Ayr midfielder Alan Trouten fooled the Blues defence with his late arrival in the box, but fired over from a good position.
With a comfortable lead at the break, the second half was less of a spectacle, with the hosts looking for a way back into the game.
Grant Anderson had a powerful header on target early on from a pinpoint Jamie Hamill cross, but the winger was flagged offside.
Hamill was busy at the other end with Rovers forward Connor Shields advancing on goal, the experienced defender winning the ball back at the second attempt after going to ground.

albion 20170916 016
And Blues keeper Cameron Belford was called into action to deny Trouten from a direct free kick, before making a save down low from Shields.
But with less than a quarter of an hour to play, Stranraer would well and truly wrap things up.

Substitute Stephen Okoh's surging run into the box was halted by a crunching tackle from Rovers substitute Jason Marr, and the referee wasted no time in awarding the Blues their second spot kick of the afternoon.
Although the clumsy challenge earned Marr a straight red card, Rovers' goalkeeper almost spared his teammate's blushes.
Bowman dived the right way as Agnew aimed for the bottom left corner, but the ball crept through his hands and into the net, as Aggy rushed off to celebrate with the travelling support.

albion 20170916 006
After ten seasons and over 300 senior appearances, the midfielder was visibly delighted to score his first career hat trick.
With another three points on the board, Stranraer moved up to 4th in the table, as Raith Rovers extended their lead to six points at the top with a 5-0 win at Queen's Park.

But significantly, Stevie Farrell's men are now level on points with the other two sides above them - Ayr United and next week's opponents at Stair Park, Arbroath.

albion 20170916 015
Stranraer: Belford, Dick, Barron, Neill, Hamill, Woods (Turner 84), Bell, Agnew (Stoney 85), Anderson (Okoh 76), Thomson, Wallace.
Not used: Lang, McGowan, Currie, Trialist.
Albion Rovers: Bowman, Reid, McLaughlin, Perry, Holmes, Lightbody (Marr 45), Davidson (Vitoria 75), Fisher, Trouten, Shields, McMullin (Higgins 45).
Not used: McLeish, Hopkins, Potts, Watters.

Referee: Mike Roncone
Attendance: 353
HT: 0-3